- Never Stop Learning
- Have Advisors With Different Worldviews
- Be Part Of The Away Team
- Play Poker, Not Chess
- Blow up the Enterprise
Source: Five Leadership Lessons From James T. Kirk
- Speak to people in the language they understand.
- When you’re overwhelmed, ask for help.
- Always value ethical actions over expedient ones.
- Challenge your team to help them grow.
- Don’t play it safe – seize opportunities in front of you.
Source: Five Leadership Lessons From Jean-Luc Picard
Mistake #1: Building an organization around particular people, rather than institutions.
Mistake #2: Depriving people of the chance to have a stake in the organization.
Mistake #3: Having no tolerance for failure.
Mistake #4: Focusing all of the organization’s efforts into a single goal and failing to consider alternatives.
Mistake #5: Failing to learn from mistakes.
Source: 5 Leadership Mistakes Of The Galactic Empire
all by Alex Knapp