Does English need a word for a parent who has lost a child?

“A person that loses a partner is called a widow [or widower]. A child who loses a parent is called an orphan. But there is no word for a parent that loses a child”

A very interesting point, that there is no word in English for a parent who has lost a child. Since our language affects how we think about things, does English need such a word? Could such a word bring greater understanding to and sympathy from those who know no such experience and cannot possibly relate, or would naming it risk reducing the seriousness with which we react to that which we cannot even name?